PE and Sport Premium Funding
From 2013, the Government has provided schools with PE and Sport Premium funding to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport for all pupils ages 5 - 11.
The Department for Education's Vision for the PE & Sport Premium funding is that all pupils will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following Objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
The following indicators can be used as a guide to measure this improvement:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
The below document details the PE and Sport Premium Funding at St. Augustine's Academy for the 2019 - 2020 academic year and includes a review of progress towards the key actions.
The school is currently applying for planning permission towards a MUGA which any carry forward will go towards in the next academic year.
Please click on the links below to view the spending and impact of the PE and Sport Premium Funding in previous academic years.