PE and Sport Premium Funding
From 2013, the Government has provided schools with PE and Sport Premium funding to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport for all pupils ages 5 - 11.
The Department for Education's Vision for the PE & Sport Premium funding is that all pupils will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following Objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
The following indicators can be used as a guide to measure this improvement:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Please see the below document to view details about the PE and Sport Premium Funding at St. Augustine's Academy.