Would you like to visit St. Augustine's Academy? You may be a prospective parent, an interested member of our community, an educational professional or a potential employee. If so, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be very happy to talk to you, show you around our school and allow you to experience what makes St. Augustine's Academy such a special place to learn.
When visiting our site, please note the following:
- Access to our school is via a shared driveway with the Downside Community Centre. Our school is situated at the end of the driveway, on the right.
- Our school car park has 3 allocated visitor parking spaces adjacent to the school building.
- The main entrance to the school is situated at the rear, left of the car park. You will need to 'buzz' at the electronic pedestrian access where one of our Reception team will then be able to authorise your entry.
- Upon entrance to the school, you will be required to 'sign in' using our electronic system. You will also be given a Safeguarding leaflet which it is essential that you read and adhere to.
- Should you require disabled access to our school site, please note that the main school entrance is on one level. There is also ramp access to our school hall and an installed chair lift to allow ease of access between our ground and lower ground floors. Our Accessibility Plan can be accessed by clicking here.
We enjoy sharing our practice and working in collaboration with other educational professionals. The following aspects of our school may be of particular interest to you as each aspect has had a hugely positive impact. Please arrange a visit if you would like to know more; we would enjoy talking with you.
- Lesson Study - Lesson study is a powerful, classroom-based, teacher research tool which positively impacts on the quality of teaching, learning and assessment. Our staff see it as an integral and enjoyable part of their CPD; we are passionate about Lesson Study.
- Behaviour Policy and Systems - Our Behaviour policy and systems were reviewed in Spring 2018. Following extensive collaboration with the whole school community, we believe that we now have a policy that meets the needs of pupils, parents and staff. It is grounded in our school's values and ethos and is integral to life at St. Augustine's.
We look forward to meeting with you, sharing our school and learning together.
Please find below, a copy of our Safeguarding Leaflet which all visitors are expected to read and follow. Paper copies of these leaflets are available in our Reception area.