Welcome to the Early Years Class Page
2019 - 2020
Early Years Provision
We are very proud of our provision for early years children. Ofsted, June 2018 stated that, 'The Early Years is strong. Children are acquiring basic skills effectively.'
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfill their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child's experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right.
At St. Augustine's Academy we ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. We aim to give children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
We seek to provide:
- Quality and consistency so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind
- A secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual child and are assessed and reviewed regularly
- Partnership working between practitioners and with parents and/or carers
- Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
The EYFS framework specifies requirements for learning and development and for safeguarding children and promoting their welfare.
There are four guiding principles which shape practice in early years settings.
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers;
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
The EYFS framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Summer Term Curriculum
Spring Term Curriculum
Autumn Term Curriculum